Study the Boy Scout Handbook and the Camping merit badge pamphlet, and demonstrate to your Scoutmaster or other qualified person the following:
- Show that you have earned the Totin' Chip.
- Help a Scout or patrol earn the Totin' Chip, and demonstrate to him (them) the value of proper woods-tools use on a troop camping trip.
- With official approval and supervision, do one of the following:
- Clear trails or fire lanes for two hours.
- Trim a downed tree, cut into four-foot lengths, and stack; make a brush with branches.
- Build a natural retaining wall or irrigation way to aid in a planned conservation effort.